Twitter is a powerful social network for marketing, especially when it comes to promoting your business. With over 328 million active users, you can reach (almost) every single person who could be interested in your products or services.
The best part? Twitter is free to use! That means that you don’t have to spend any money on advertising to get noticed.
Twitter is a great tool for building your brand. Businesses can use Twitter to share their stories, reach out to consumers, and even drive sales. But while you want to use Twitter the right way, the platform can be intimidating for new users. One of the most important things about marketing on Twitter is that it’s not just about what you say; it’s also about who you follow. Posting interesting content, interacting with other users, and following relevant accounts will help grow your followers.
In this guide, we’ll answer the question of what a Twitter marketing strategy is along with how you can use Twitter for your business and tips and tricks to help you improve your marketing efforts.
What is Twitter Marketing Strategy?
A Twitter marketing strategy is a plan centered around creating, publishing, and distributing content for your buyer personas, audience, and followers through the social media platform. The goal of a Twitter marketing strategy is to attract new followers and leads, boost conversions, improve brand recognition, and increase sales.
Creating an optimized twitter marketing strategy will require you to follow steps:
- Research your target audience
- Creating unique content
- Analyse your impact and results
- Organize a schedule for your posts
What Makes Twitter Unique and Special?
Twitter is a unique and a great marketing platform for a number of reasons. The platform is
- Free to use
- Allows you to share content instantly
- Expands your reach
- Allows you to communicate with your audience
- Works as a search engine tool for you to search about the competitors
How to use Twitter for Business?
As you look to use Twitter as a platform for your own business, there are some points that you need to keep in mind that will ensure you to reach your business goals.
- Customise your profile:
Profile is the first thing someone notices about you. It can break or make your brand. Properly Optimizing your profile can go a long way in enhancing your brand value. Fill your profile with necessary details and a lot of colour can help in getting recognized. There are a few locations where you can customize your profile.
- Handle: Your twitter handle is your username (for example our twitter handle is @AiAdvertisment) – this majorly includes your company or brand name, the name with which you want your users to relate to your brand. This helps your fans, followers to search for your brand name.
- Header: The header is the background image on the profile. Creating a unique background helps in getting the properly noticed and convey a unique message about the brand.
- Bio: A twitter Bio provides everyone who visit your profile a brief synopsis about the company. Writing an optimum bio in under 160 characters is very important which may include your company vision, mission or something about what your company does.
- Profile Picture: Your Twitter profile picture is the image that sits above your bio and serves as a visual representation of your company. It could include a picture of your company’s logo, initials, or CEO.
- Website URL: Beneath your profile picture and bio, there’s a place where you can add a URL to direct traffic straight to your website.
- Advertise on twitter:
Advertising through Twitter can help you reach your audience. This will make it easier for people to find your tweets, increasing your influence and following. You can do this by promoting a tweet or running an ad on Twitter.
- Promoting a tweet:
Promoted Tweets allow you to reach Twitter users beyond your followers. This is a great option for businesses looking to get their products in front of new people. Promoting a tweet requires monthly payments from your business account.
Twitter will promote your tweets on a daily basis to audiences you have already selected through your Twitter Ads account. All users that view the promoted tweet can interact with it the same way they would with an organic tweet.
- Running an ad on Twitter:
Twitter Ads is a great option if you’re using different types of tweets to achieve one goal for your business. It’s ideal if you’re looking to grow your base of followers and brand awareness significantly through the platform.
Your business can choose between multiple objectives when it comes to your Twitter ads, including app installs, video views, and website conversions. The choice you make will impact the price you need to pay in order to run your campaign.
- Get Verified on Twitter:
You might choose to apply for a Twitter account verification depending on the size of your company and your industry. Twitter states they typically only accept requests from accounts in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism media, sports business and other key interest areas.
If Twitter accepts your application and verifies your profile, a badge with a blue checkmark inside of it will appear next to your handle. This symbolizes an authentic account.
Being verified on a social media platform is a way to increase the legitimacy of your online persona. Verified accounts look more trustworthy and authentic, making your business seem professional.
From using twitter as a helpful tool for generating foot-fall to optimizing your social media campaigns, there is a great opportunity for you to tap the eyeballs for your business through twitter.
Ready to take our help? We are just a message away.
Digital Marketer by Profession with over 4 years of experience | Google Certified in SEO, SEM & SMO | Strive for greatness | On the path of learning